One week, two days

One week and two days ago I moved into my new house.  I left the keys to the old place on the counter and walked out.

It felt awesome!

It’s so weird to realize that, for all intents and purposes, I’m no longer married.  Legally, yes, but in reality I haven’t been married for over 6 months.

Maybe longer.

Sometimes I wake up and it just hits me full in the face.  Sometimes I wake up and it’s just another day.  Sometimes I look around this great little house and realize that it’s all mine.

The other day I caught myself tensing up at 430 and had to remind myself that he wasn’t coming here, ever.

It’s going to take a bit to get used to the new normal.

My youngest son has called the asshole every night since Wednesday last week.  Last night, he spent the night at a friend’s house and didn’t call his dad.

The asshole didn’t call him.  He didn’t call me, either, to check on the boys.  In fact, I haven’t spoken to the asshole since last Tuesday.

You’d think he’d want to make sure his kiddos were alright.

Last Tuesday, he dropped off the boys things that were with them at billeting.  There were some clothes, the oldest’s meds, and their televisions and xboxes and games.

He didn’t ask to come inside to see the house or the kid’s bedrooms.  I asked if he wanted to see them.  He said, “Well, I guess.  I just thought you didn’t want me in the house.”  I said, “I don’t, but you should want to see where your kids are going to live.”  He replies, “Well, is it alright if I come in?”  I said, “Sure.”

He walked through, following me, and then right back out the door.  He said, “Cool,” when he saw their rooms, but you could tell he didn’t really care.  My mom said that he might have been a little intimidated because it’s my house.

That may be the case, but he should have had enough balls to stand up and ask to see the house, regardless of his intimidation factor.

Oh, wait, I forgot we were discussing the pussy extraordinaire.

I’m well rid of him.

The kids have adjusted fairly well.  Things are still a little up in the air as we get used to the new schedules and such.  I’m going to get the youngest in therapy as soon as I possibly can and will be making calls to that end on Monday.

But that’s for tomorrow.  Today, it’s cleaning the house and making sure my new normal is spic and span.  I am amazed at how much cleaner the house is without the asshole in it.  He made most of the mess.  Makes it a lot easier on me!

I had my first subbing job on Friday.  It was only a half day, but it was a nice introduction to the subbing procedures.  I didn’t have to teach anything, as it was a Friday and the kids had lunch, library and a special movie that day.  But I enjoyed it.  It was exhausting, but fun.  I’m looking forward to my next job!

I hope you all have a terrific Sunday.  Next Sunday I will be planting my butt in front of the boob tube to watch the Superbowl game.  Here’s to hoping it’s an exciting one.


2 thoughts on “One week, two days

Would love to hear your comments/questions/suggestions! Leave one below!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s