I am so excited to have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award! I am even more excited to have been nominated for this award by the amazing OnLineDatingJournal. I just discovered her (and vice versa) and her blogs are amazingly written and I love her no-holds-barred truth telling! You so have to go read her. You’ll love her! Her blog is definitely for mature readers, but if you’re mature enough to handle her truth, you’ll love it!
I had no idea what the award was, so I went searching for information. There is actually a blog called, wait for it, The Versatile Blogger Award Blog! 🙂 You can find many wonderful blogs here, all nominated by their peers in the blogosphere. I highly suggest heading over there and seeing some amazing blogs.
There are 5 rules to this award, and I’m going to follow them cause, well, it’s their award! 🙂
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Well, a huge THANK YOU to OnLineDatingJournal! Again, go check her out…you won’t be sorry. Unless you’re easily offended. Then you should probably not be reading my blog or hers! 🙂
Now, I have to chose 15 bloggers to nominate for this award. That’s so hard for me, cause I seriously enjoy everyone that I read. Well, kinda hard. The first two are super easy:
Transparent With Myself was the very first blog I followed here at WP. PDX Running Chick (while being nuts enough to run numerous marathons this year) amazes me, constantly, at her drive and her love of life. She is the most amazing woman I have ever met and I love reading her posts! Thank you, so much, hun, for supporting me for these past few months. Wouldn’t have made it without you!
Making the Girl was the second blog I followed here. I panicked this morning cause she changed her URL – so glad I found her again! This woman is nothing short of inspirational, as well. She has made so many changes, made so many decisions, stood up and declared herself to the world – her strength has me in awe! I love her posts, their rawness, sometimes their funniness, but, always, their truthfulness. Read and grow with her. Absolutely amazing person!
Now, I could write a synopsis on every one of the rest of the folks that I nominate, but I’m actually doing this at work (shhhh….don’t tell anyone!) and I want to get this post up. Suffice it to say, each one of these writers is amazing. I love reading them! Some are ones that I have picked up recently, others are ones that I have been following for a bit. Some are friends outside of WordPress, some are folks that I’ll never meet (more’s the pity) because of distance or our lives not allowing us time. Believe me when I say that each one of these writers will bring something amazing to your life. Hugs to all of you for entertaining me, educating me and inspiring me! I can’t wait to read more of your posts!!!
*A warning – some of these blogs are for mature audiences only. They will make you laugh hysterically and, if drinking while reading, neither I, nor the authors, take any responsibility for shorted out keyboards, phones, monitors, damaged clothing, etc. 🙂
So, the rest of the nominees are:
All of these blogs are amazing. Some I stumbled upon recently, others I’ve been following for a bit. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.
Now, the part you’ve all been waiting for: 7 things about me…
1. I come from a military family – my grandfather, father, myself, my two brothers – all served. My grandfather in the Army Air Corps and the rest of us in the Air Force. I love the military and highly suggest it for everyone!
2. I am adopted. I have met my birth family and have no desire to have any more contact with them. My family is more than enough for me!
3. I was given my first name twice – first by my birth mother and then by my mom. Guess I was destined to have this name!
4. I am a font of useless trivia – especially pop culture and music.
5. I wanted to be an astronaut. Then I realized how much science and math would be involved. I turned my sights to history instead! 🙂
6. I love to read. My two favorite authors are Laurell K. Hamilton and J.D. Robb (yes, I know this is Nora Roberts, but I don’t read her Nora Roberts novels).
7. I am truthful to a fault, but I try to temper it with tact.
Thank you again, OnLineDatingJournal for the nom and thank you to everyone that reads. I really appreciate it! Enjoy the blogs I posted here….they are amazing!