Imagine my surprise when I checked my blog this morning to see that I had gotten, not one, but two awards!
Can you say, “jumping for joy?”
I’ve been blogging since last year, but I only really took my blog public in the last couple of months. The support that I have received here, and the amazing people that I have met, keep me coming back time after time. If not to write, then to read some of the amazing stuff that is here in the world of blogging.
Thank you all so much for reading and for your words of support. Truly, it means a lot to me. I can’t wait to read more of your posts and I hope that you come back to read some of mine 🙂
I did get two awards today, but I’m only gonna do one today. I don’t want to overshadow the great blogs that I nominate for the first award with the ones of the second 🙂
I’ll start with the “Tell Me About Yourself Award”. Thank you so much notforallmarkets for nominating me! I highly, highly suggest (read – YOU MUST) that you go and poke around her blog. Take a look around, leave a comment (she hates to admit it, but she’s truly addicted to comments. I’m staging an intervention soon). You won’t regret it!
The rules for this one are pretty simple: Thank the person who awarded it to you (kindly see above) and then tell the world 7 things about you that you have not yet shared.
Hmmmm, 7 things? Alright, let’s give this a try:
1) I am deathly afraid of drowning. I know how to swim cause, in my mind, knowing how to combat drowning is a good thing 🙂
2) “Pulp Fiction” is one of my favorite movies (but not as good as “The Princess Bride!”)
3) I am a book-aholic. My mother says that I am the only person she has ever met where she has told them, “You read too much!”
4) I am much more forward in my blog posts than I am in real life. However, if you push me (or if it involves my children), watch out!
5) Sometimes, I wish my life had turned out differently. But I’m doing the best I can with what I have and enjoying it.
6) I’ll be honest – I don’t think I have my younger brother’s mailing address. (No, Jen, I have yours!)
7) According to my best friend, I am a “pretty, pretty princess in training.” I used to disagree, but after twirling around to see my dress flare out this morning after I got dressed, I think that I am protesting too much 🙂
Now, the hard part – nominating 7 bloggers for this award.
I’ll be honest, I have so many blogs that I read that it’s hard for me to choose. Well, except the first two. So, let’s get on with it:
Transparent With Myself: PDX Running Chick was the first blogger to follow my blog. Not only is she an amazing writer, but she is an absolutely inspiring person. I love her blog! Y’all definitely have to head over and check out her writing. You’ll be hooked!
Making the Girl: This was the second blog I followed when I came to WordPress. Now, like PDX Running Chick, MTG is a friend and I love her writing! She posts the most amazing poetry and her writing is terrific. Plus, her journey in the past few months has been so inspiring. You have to go and read her stuff. Amazingly written and will bring a smile to your face and have you cheering for her in no time!
Three Months to Forty: This blog is wonderful – a single lady navigating the dating scene (with good drink recipes thrown in for good measure). Check her out – you’ll love the writing!
koolaidlover: Here’s a woman that has been through the fire and has come out the other side stronger than she went in. She has found someone who makes her happy and she loves to share that feeling with the rest of us.
thebitchytruth: This blog will have you in stitches and she certainly fits the spirit of this award. It is definitely a *mature reader* blog, but once you check it out you will be hooked!
thenotalwayshappyhomemaker: Missy doesn’t ever back down and has some really strong opinions, but she is an amazing person. The fact that she can see to type a blog and share her life with us is amazing. Go check out her blog and be inspired by her journey!
hellomysinis: I stumbled upon this blog when blog hopping and I’m so glad I did! He’s a terrific writer and the journey that he is on right now is not always easy, but it is one that I’m taking with him. I invite you to hop on board. It will definitely be enlightening!
So there’s my first seven. Tomorrow I’ll post about the other award!
Please, blog hop on over to these folks. You won’t be sorry!!!
And, thank you again to notforallmarkets for nominating me! While I’m not here for the awards, it’s nice to be recognized!!