Today was a Monday in everything but name. Work was hard, second job wasn’t much fun either. Went to pick up the kids and got called some nasty names by a 12-year-old. Was thoroughly pissed and pissy.
Imagine my surprise when I checked my blog and saw that Nowan Zen over at Meditative Mutterings had gifted me with the Kreativ Blogger Award! Thank you so much!
You need to go over to her blog now. I’ll patiently wait. Not going anywhere. It’s a school night. I’ll be here when you get back…..
Just gonna listen to some music. Cause I know you’ll get lost in her mutterings….
Oh, you’re back? How embarassing to be caught conducting this little virtual symphony…ahem…yes, the award….
How did you love her blog? I mean, you can’t not love it!! Thank you so much Nowan Zen for the award! I really, really appreciate it!
Alright, as with most awards, there are rules. Let’s see:
- Write 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 creative bloggers for this award.
Wow, these are pretty easy. Let’s see, 7 things about me….
1. I really do love classical music. In fact, one of my favorite channels on Sirius is Sirius/XM Pops. Thank you, Dad, for instilling a love of music in me!
2. I have vertigo so badly right now, it feels like I have bed spins. And I didn’t even get the fun of being drunk first!!!
3. I am 5’7″ and am kind of self-conscience of the fact that I’m the same height or taller than most of the guys I see. In fact, honestly, (and this is horrible to say) I am drawn to men that are at least 4 inches taller than myself because I love wearing high heels out on a date 🙂
4. I cut off all of my hair in November. I went from having hair that touched the middle of my back to having a cut that reminds a lot of people of Jamie Lee Curtis’ hair cut. Someday I’ll post a pic of me with the short hair cut (I don’t have a good one…in fact, I only have one!) But, here’s a pic of me from before the hair cut:
5. I admit it – I read all three “50 Shades of Grey” books. No, they weren’t that good. Yeah, the sex scenes (in the first one, especially) were very hot! I loaned it to a guy friend so that he could get ideas 🙂
6. Sometimes I talk to myself for no other reason that to hear a voice.
7. I love to take road trips. It is my dream to go to Hawaii and Canada. Before I die, I will walk to the Acropolis and I will see the Great Pyramids and I will stand in Red Square. Obviously, the last three (and Hawaii) are not road trips, but you know what I mean. 🙂
Now on to the important stuff – nominating 7 amazing bloggers.
This is getting harder and harder to do because the blogosphere is so innundated with amazing writers that inspire me, make me laugh and make me cry. I love reading all of the posts and a good portion of my day (when I should be working) is spent right here peeking into everyone’s life.
So, here’s the list…..I know you will absolutely love everyone’s blog that I have here…..go check them out!
Dabutcha’s Blog – this is one I found, um, yesterday (I think) and I have already read so many of his posts. They are pretty awesome. You should go check this out! 🙂
You’ve Been Hooked – ever wonder what that bellhop over there is thinking? Or anyone in the service industry? Wonder no more! Head on over and read the hilarious tales and observations….you won’t be sorry, but I’ll bet you’ll behave better next time you’re in a hotel!
Black Box Warnings/Le Clown on Fire – these are another couple of blogs that I found while blog hopping when I should have been working. They are both written by Le Clown. The Black Box Warnings blog is about his son’s trials with ADHD and the medication they are starting him on. Le Clown on Fire is about his life and observations. Always touching and very well written, I highly suggest you checking out both of these.
Making the Girl – yes, I nominated her for one last week, but this one is called the Kreativ Blogger award and Bee has some amazing poetry on her page. I really admire the way she writes verse and can only hope, one day, to be as good as she is!
ironwoodwind – Amazing stories and posts. I highly suggest this blog for pure reading pleasure!
The Couch – written by an amazingly talented woman, who I am lucky enough to call friend – she just started her blog, but I have already spewed soda laughing at her turn of phrase. I highly suggest this one!
Alright, y’all – read away! And thank you again for the nom!!! 🙂